Caring For Kids is a non-profit organization that provides essential resources to meet the urgent needs of children involved in the Family Court system in the St. Louis area. It seeks to enhance the lives of children who have either been abused, neglected or considered “at risk.”
Did you know?
* In any given month, the Family Court of St. Louis County provides services to approximately 1,300 children?
* Children come under the Family Court jurisdiction because of neglect and/or physical or sexual abuse by caretakers or others?
* Temporary hardship caused by a breadwinner’s job loss or untreated depression can often lead to a referral to the Family Court?
* Tutoring services, once routinely provided by school systems, are no longer offered in many schools?
* Only $250 per year is made available for clothing vouchers for children ages seven and older in foster or residential care?
Caring For Kids brings hope to children and families by fulfilling these essential needs. The systems serving these children now have an organization to call upon when faced with unmet, immediate needs. With the help of Caring For Kids, children can be reunited with their families and leave foster care; sometimes this requires simply a bed.